Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sunny (cough) Seattle

I have so much fun playing with my photo editing software. This picture didn't have the best lighting and was in color. I changed it to black and white then went back to the color, cut and pasted the bouquet and changed the color of just the bouquet to be better. It's awesome. I'm working on trying to be able to remove braces and blemishes and stuff right now. Anybody need any photos edited???

As you can see, I've finally started a blog. First, a general update. We've been married six months today!!! We are alive and with power after the miserable wind and rain storm Thursday night. We were lucky and only lost power for about 12 hours from the middle of the night to the middle of the day Friday. I had to go to work anyway so it didn't make a big difference to me. Just a shower by candlelight and no make-up that day :) This has been the craziest winter so far. November was the rainiest month in the history of Seattle and then it SNOWED after Thanksgiving. Chris told me it only snowed once or twice a year here. Seattle therefore has no more snow days left for me since it already snowed two days in a row. It's not the fluffy white stuff like Utah though. It's the sleeting rain, icy, snowy mix like Maryland that is just a mess. I actually feel right at home.

The whole city has now shut down for multiple days in a row because of storms; two completely different storms. A lot of people are still without power too. We have a 7-eleven in front of our complex and there are lines to get gasoline. Another gas station only had premium left and still had lines going down the street.

Chris is counting down the weeks to be done with school - only 10 weeks away! He's starting to look for jobs around the country and hopefully we'll get something set before he finishes, but who knows. We have nothing to tell at this point. He had the easiest quarter this fall. He got stuck with a lot of the housework though because of it. We'll see who does more this next quarter.

I'm working as a Business Analyst at Real Networks in their casual games division and have been there a little over a month. Everything is going well but my boss did tell me that he brought me on because he is leaving. It's fine, it's just kind of ironic because the last two contract positions I've held, the bosses also quit. Chris says maybe I should try a new deodorant. When I interviewed with this boss, I asked if he was happy and if the job was what he expected it to be (he started in March). Then I had to do a second interview with another guy we work closely with. I asked him the same thing and actually told him my experiences and that I just wanted to know what I was getting into. He said he was really happy too. He didn't know the other guy was going to quit. Oh well. There's no way I would have turned down the job anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, Erin! The picture looks great. Can't wait to see more.

beth said...

Snow in Seattle brings back memories for me of a really long drive back to Utah.

Sounds like you are enjoying your time there!