Her name is Murphy's Law though we usually just call her Murph. Isn't she adorable?
Here are a few pictures of the new place. On the left is the fenced-in backyard that Murphy calls home. And on the right are the pillows we got in Thailand that I bought the stuffers for. Aren't they pretty? And only $2.90 each! I'll get more pictures up as soon as the house is organized.
I should say a little more about the new baby. We've been searching on craiglist (which has little to nothing down here), ksl.com, and the local paper forever for a border collie. I finally found this ad in the local paper. Murphy was raised on a farm (literally - horses, cows, chickens, cats all over the place). She was born right before Easter so she is 12 weeks old. Her dad looked like a border collie and her mom had some lab in her but I don't know what she looked like. The mom disappeared a few weeks ago and they think she was hit by a car or tractor.
Murphy already displays some border collie traits though - she's athletic, gives "the eye", and has all the typical markings. The family has 8 kids which has made Murphy wonderful around little kids. We see them on walks and she gets all excited when she sees them and will just sit down when they come up to her. She loves to be held in your lap and is big whiner when she's not happy. We got her Wednesday night and both Thursday morning and Friday morning she woke me up at 6am with her whining. Thursday the sprinklers came on and scared her and this morning she was just wired for whatever reason. She's keeping me more entertained than I would be by myself though.
4 comments:
She's very cute! That's so fun for you guys.
So did you buy a house then? And when do you start school again?
Cute puppy!! My aunt has a border collie. They are quite smarty pantses. is that a word?
That is one dark brittany, and I've never seen one with a long tail. (Just kidding) That looks like a really cool dog. Congratulations.
I bet after this last weekend, Murphy is rethinking her position on kids.
Post a Comment