This is the slot canyon that Chris and I went in today. This is the top where you come out and the WIDE part. We needed to get out of the house so we went down to St. George to do some shopping. Since it was GORGEOUS and sunny there, we decided to skip the shopping and do something outside. We went to Pioneer Park where Chris had gone 5 years ago with friends and decided to go up this slot canyon. Well, 5 years ago Chris was 10 pounds lighter and was still freaked out by the tightness of the area. Today, it took us trying three times going up and back before we convinced ourselves to do it. It was so tight on Chris that he could puff out his stomach in some parts and lift his feet off the ground - completely suspended by his back against one wall and stomach against the other. I fit okay but rubbed front and back in a lot of parts too. I was scared to death though and only did it because Chris went first. It's not a place for anyone with any problems with claustrophobia. It's only 50 yards long but narrow the entire way. The kids in front of us were running up, one kid straight ahead. I want to see them come back in twenty years and see how they feel about it.
8 years ago
2 comments:
I'm pretty sure I could NOT do that! I get claustrophobic sometimes just in my own house. But if it was wide like at the end, it might be fun!
So fun, Erin! What a great place to live... just a couple of hours away from some of the funnest places in Utah!
Post a Comment