Yep, definitely pregnant. We had our first doctor's appointment today - right on the 10 week mark. We heard the heartbeat and we even got to use an old ultrasound machine to see the baby! He (as we're going to refer to "it" until we know better) was moving around quite a bit. We couldn't believe how much he kicked and waved his arms around. It was crazy!! He was so teeny-tiny. They printed us a picture but even if I scanned it in, all you can make out is the head and a little arm. I'm going to a midwife and she's great. Luckily, this shouldn't be a complicated pregnancy and we're keeping our fingers crossed that it stays that way. Feel free to send any and all advice my way!!
Due date is May 13, 2008 right now. Everybody pray it doesn't come much earlier so that I can finish school!
I'm feeling pretty good. I always have a little nausea but I'm getting used to it. I get the sickest at 10pm so I'm trying to go to bed early every night.
Some of you know I was hoping for twins. A two for one deal would have been great. I could have waited to have more for another 5 years. However, after seeing the baby move on the monitor, I can't imagine having two little guys running all over my house at the same time so I'm very happy with the one. :)
8 years ago
16 comments:
That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys. The two for one deal definitely seems like a good idea, until you actually go through the delivery and the first few months. With as much as I was feeding Eva, particularly and definitely during growth spurts, I could just imagine that being the only thing you do all (and I do mean ALL) day if you want to exclusively breast feed both. On the feeding note, one bit of advice I have (since you asked for it, you'll have more than you know what you can deal with by the end even unsolicited =)) is once you introduce the bottle even if you're not planning on passing the baby off, try to give it to 'him' at least once or twice a week. You may have a stubborn guy anyway, but there's definitely been times I really wished Eva would take the bottle.
Congratulations again! I can't wait to see pictures of little Baby Gappmayer.
Hi Erin and Chris,
Congratulations on the baby! Although I seem to remember something about "we decided to wait until next year to start trying...." Oh well, we can't hold that against you!
Sorry this "comment" is more of an email because I don't have your email address. Anyway, we escaped Sandhurst, but STILL have not received our deposit refund. I sent them a letter last week saying we'd sue them if it doesn't come by this Friday (Oct. 20). I felt powerful. I've never said that to someone.
I love your dog, Murphy. It's funny because my parents have a female dog named Murphy, also. And she was named after Murphy's law as well. So you're not as creative as you think, but you've still got a cute dog. =)
I need your address so we can mail the "Screwtape Letters" to you. Send me an email sometime and I'll get it to you. trobeck@gmail.com
Have fun!
Troy
That is so awesome! Congrats to the both of you. I hope you feel better soon. And let me know if you need ANYTHING! I am just down the street--and your visiting teacher! Take care.
Such a relief to hear the heartbeat. I was thinking about you all day. I'm so glad you're not too terribly sick.
I do have some advice. Write down what you do every minute of every day for the next several weeks, because in 2 years you're going to wonder what the heck you did with your time before you had kids!
Hooray! We're so excited for the two of you. You're going to be amazing parents. Babies are so fun, but you're right to not be disappointed about not having twins-- one at a time is enough :) Woohoo. We're just really happy for you!
Congratulations to you! This is very exciting news. I hope you feel better, and that there are no complications. Good luck!!
I've been checking to see when you were going to post the news!
Congrats!
Hopefully things will go smoothly with the end of school. Just don't get too stressed or the high blood pressure could put you on bed rest!
Can't wait to see the little one!
I guess I can officially say congrads now! We're glad everything is going well and it will be great to have another nephew, or neice, I'm not picky.
Yay!!! How exciting!! Babies are great!! (Great challenge, great patience test, but GREAT FUN!) :) I hope everything goes well....I had a midwife too. I swear they are the best way to go for a nice uncomplicated pregnancy.
Hey where is Kristen? I thought she'd be back in the states by now but I have heard nothing. I hope she's back and safe and enjoying a kitchen somewhere. :)
Ariana
Hey Ariana,
Check John's blog (there's a link to it from mine). Kristen hasn't posted yet but they are back!
Beth - me stressed??? Never! ;)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you. I am glad that your nausea hasn't been too bad. I know that it can be no fun. As for advice, I don't really have anything about actually giving birth and having the baby with me, but I do wish I would have wrote more down about how I have been feeling throughout the pregnancy and my thoughts. Good luck finishing school. When will you be done? I am due 3 days after finals, so lets keep our fingers crossed that I get everything done before his big arrival.
Congratulations! That is so exciting. I secretly want a "two-for-one" deal too, but then when I really think about having twins - I think I'm just secretly CRAZY!
Hooray! You'll be such a great mommy; trust your instincts. Don't feel guilty for your decisions- "he's" your child, you do the best you can and somehow it all works out. If you can figure out sleeping and eating (you as well as baby), you'll do just fine. Try ginger suckers- they're supposed to help sickness. Miss you guys.
How is everything going? Are you excited that you get to eat for two on Thanksgiving? ;)
I tagged you on my blog, but you don't have to do it. Mostly it's an excuse of something to post when you don't have anything to write.
http://marriedtoachef.blogspot.com/2007/11/tagging.html
Congratulations, you two! You will be great parents. I'm excited for you guys! Hope that all goes well, we'll be looking forward to your updates! Take care of yourself Erin!
Post a Comment