Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quiet Book

A newborn is not the only reason I have been away from the blog lately. Back in September my friend Rachel asked if anyone wanted to do a quiet book with her. We all chose a page and then made that same page enough times to give each person a copy. We ended up needing FIFTEEN copies of each page. (!)
A page was front and back and if we wanted two books, we could do a second page. I chose the abc's, getting dressed, and colors for my pages.
This is what my pages all looked like at the end:
Below is an up-close look. The page folds in half so that the abc's are one page, the "closet" with clothes is on the left side, the person to put the clothes on is on the right, and the balloons are on the back of the person page.
Max likes it already. THANK GOODNESS because it was A LOT OF WORK!!!Below are all the pages we got minus two that are still coming from Virginia. I am working on sewing them together now and putting in the eyelets. Max is still a little young for most of the pages but he has fun looking at them. It's going to be great for church, dr's offices, and airplanes!
This is the cover I made.
If anyone is interested in a closer look at some of the pages, I can post individual pages. We also used this blog a lot for ideas and suggestions. http://quietbook.blogspot.com/ We did our books on heavyweight pellon instead of muslin though. I've talked to a few people lately who have just started doing their own. All I say is - GOOD LUCK! It's worth it when it's done!
THANK YOU RACHEL!! I never would have finished this on my own!

3 comments:

Frederick Family BlogSpot said...

I'm so impressed Erin. I've wanted a quiet book for quite a while, but I was not brave enough to make one.

Thanks again for all the trouble you went through to get Miranda's homework packet to me. We turned it in today so that Miranda can get credit for the week of school she missed and the school can get the money back that they lost from her absences.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The Ward Family said...

Erin, since Jocelynn was almost a year I've been wanting to make one. you've inspired me. I don't know where to start but I'll check out yours. THanks! It looks great.

Michelle said...

That is neat. It looks like a ton of work. I am impressed you did that many pages.