Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sydney is Six Months!

Sydney turned six months on tax day (April 15th). She is a pretty serious baby. Her smiles are rare and giggles rarer. But she's starting to come more out of her shell and will give her parents big grins, squeals, and on the rare occasion, a giggle. Her bottom right tooth is sticking through and the the left one looks like it's going to cut through at any moment. She eats rice cereal only so-so and hasn't really liked any of the veggies we've tried yet. She's also not sleeping through the night yet but that's a whole different story. :) I got this cute picture the other day while Chris was reading her a book. I have a similar one of Max.
We went to the little water park/play area in the middle of town the other day. Doesn't she look adorable in her little sundress and hat?
She is so frustrated she's not crawling yet. I got a couple of pictures of her trying the other day. She's starting to squirm forward a little but nothing definite yet. She learned to sit up about a month ago though so that has helped with the boredom of being a baby that can't move. Especially with your older brother running around you all the time.

She likes her jumper when Max isn't trying to spin her in circles...
Her stats at 4 months:
Weight: 13 lbs. 50%
Height: 24 2/3 in. 55%
Head: 41.5 cm 55%

Her stats at 6 months:
Weight: 15 lbs. 3 oz. 30%
Height: 25 1/2 inc. 30%
Head: 44 cm. 90%

Just like Max, she's an orange on a toothpick :) Big head is supposed to be an indicator of intelligence, right???

The picture of Max with Chris: Cute, cute kids if I do say so myself.
(By the way, I know she looks like she's smiling in all of the above photos, but they are the five I got with a decent face out of the I don't know how many that I've taken of her!)

7 comments:

Amy said...

I think our little girls were meant to be twins, but turned out to be cousins (second cousins) instead. They are practically the exact same size and it seems like they have very similar personalities. She is beautiful!

Kay said...

So cute! She looks even more like you than Max does.

The Ward Family said...

Cute! I love the picture of her looking at Chris!

Em and Jer said...

Yay!! I have been patiently waiting for new pics... I love her so much! She is such a cutie... and yes, big head = smart.

Thanks for posting sista :)

kouklaville said...

LOVE the two pics of Chris and the kids at simular ages! I am finally catching up on my blog and will be BACK blogging to catch up!!
She is so cute:)

Kimberly said...

Such cute pictures. I can't wait to get my hands on her.

Erin S. said...

he head only looks big cuz he doesn't have very much hair. my kids (especially lyla) have giant heads too and i promise hair makes all the difference!!