Saturday, March 13, 2010

Max...

Last night Max had a cough so I gave him some cough medicine with some chocolate milk (nestle quik).
This morning Chris gives Max a sippy cup with milk in it and Max rejects it (read - throws a tantrum and yells). Chris thinks he's giving in and pours some Slimfast in with the milk, not just fake pours it either like we usually do but actually gives Max some. Max still rejects the milk (read - yells again at the top of his lungs) and points to the pantry. I see this and tell Chris I think he wants the Nestle Quik. Chris gives me an exasperated look and gets out the nestle quik. He pretends to pour some in the sippy cup with the lid still on. Max still won't take it (once again this involves yelling) and he points at the silverware drawer. I tell Chris that Max understands that you have to STIR the chocolate milk. So Chris gets out a spoon, with a look of "you've got to be kidding me" on his face, stirs the milk, puts the lid back on, and hands the cup to Max. Max smiles and starts to drink, happy as can be.
Chris says I created a monster.
I think we have a kid who knows what he wants, knows what is involved in getting what he wants, and knows exactly how to get his parents to do it. What can I say? I'm whooped. But wouldn't you be too by this face?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't it crazy that they can be so cute while they're throwing fits? Lily loves my slimfast too. I try to explain to her that it is my whole breakfast and she already as oatmeal or something, but I always have to pour a little cup for her too :)

Frederick Family BlogSpot said...

You didn't create a monster. . .you just gave birth to a real person (little though they may be, they sure come with spunk. I don't know about you, but I think spunk is good. . .if not always easy of convenient).

Nat Lud said...

Isn't it funny how big of a hit SlimFast is with the kiddoes? He is too cute. Love that smile!

MOMG said...

Chris, being a slim fast baby himself should not roll his eyes. I will be smiling all day about this.
MOM G

natalie a said...

man, he is gonna be trou...ble! wait till he's a teenager and he's egging for the car keys... :)