To all my friends who have a private blog:
I completely understand. However, I NEVER check your blogs. I'm so sorry. I always forget and I never know if you have posted anything new. So, I have an idea. Maybe you could consider making a new blog that is not private, giving me (and anyone else who wants to read your blog) the address, and then making a short "I posted on my other blog" post whenever you post something on your private blog. Then I will put this new blog in my list of blogs, and when you update it with your short post, it will let me know to check your private blog. See how that works?
Hope that's not too confusing!
8 years ago
7 comments:
TOTALLY planning on doing this. In fact, I think that I will even make my current blog the "update" blog and just move all of my posts to a private blog. I'm just THAT considerate :); so you don't have to change your google reader subscriptions or anything :)
I think there is a way that will e-mail notifications to your friends when you have a new post. My friends does it, I will have to look into that more
My friend does exactly this. I love it cause I can see when she updates it and it's only an extra click to get to her blog. I always open my email before checking blogs so I don't have to sign in, too.
I have a private blog, and I still forget to check other people's private blogs. A friend of mine has hers set up to do email notifications too and I've thought about doing that. But I like you're idea too. I'll have to do something.
You don't have to worry about my private blog...I haven't posted anything on it for about a year. :)
What about leaving a comment on your blog to check my blog? Would that work??
Sarah - Yes! If you were willing to do that, I would definitely check your blog!
Post a Comment