I'm so glad she did it with me!! And yes we match, they were on sale.
Me and Sydney. I think she missed me for the 2 hours I was gone. :)A couple of the miles were tougher than the others, but I was really surprised how good I felt even at mile 12. I have gotten pretty sick during and after my longer training runs and it worried me for the half. But it turns out when you hydrate yourself properly and eat right, your body does fine when you've trained right too. Who knew water could be so important when you're training in 100 degree heat?? Obviously, not me. :)
Thankfully, Bryce Canyon was much cooler than that and I was nourished and hydrated right. We even used everything we had left and sprinted in to the end. We heard someone in the crowd say "They're going to die at the end" and we wondered that too. Turns out all the adrenaline kept us going. I'm so glad we did it. It was so much more fun than just another Saturday long run and very motivating. Marathon here we come!
8 comments:
Awesome! I'm proud of you. Just remember to keep having fun
that's awesome! way to go! I can't wait to get this baby out of me and start running again!
that's awesome! way to go! I can't wait to get this baby out of me and start running again!
I'm so happy you loved it, and so proud of you! Congrats!!
You are awesome. I don't know what motivates people to run long distances like that... but hey, I am glad there are people who like that kind of stuff :). I am good with 3 or 4 miles. After that, no thanks. :) I think it is an awesome accomplishment! you go for the 26!
SOO proud of you girl!!! I LOVE running, did a marathon 10 years ago and would LOVE to get to train again! YOU DID GREAT, and YES you must hydrate and your body will do whatever you tell it to do!!
OMGOSH Sydney looks IDENTICAL to you!! Chris has Max, his mini me and you have Syd!
xoxo,
cant wait for a visit from YOU!!
Anthea
That is so cool Erin -- I can't believe how big the kids have gotten.
so cool erin, I have been training for my first one too.... maybe someday I can start running south, you can start running north and we'll meet in the middle (that would be like nephi.. right *wink)
you're awesome!!! way to go!
Post a Comment