Sunday, February 13, 2011

Freezer Meals

A friend and I sat next to each other at a church activity that was about freezer meals. I told her I'd heard about women getting together and exchanging freezer meals. She took the initiative and six of us have been exchanging meals since October. It's been AWESOME. I love seeing what I come home with and love cooking one day and getting six meals out of it. It's a lot of work depending on what you make, but fun too. One time I made bbq chicken pizzas - all from scratch - and I had to take a picture.

There are some great freezer meal recipe books at my library and I've borrowed books from a friend too. Some are good, some not so good, but it's been worth it. All of us have very small children who don't eat a lot so it's basically just cooking for the couple. I'm becoming a huge fan of freezer meals.

4 comments:

beth said...

That pizza looks so good!
I made a bunch of freezer meals when I was nearly due with Jack, and I plan on making some this summer. They are so helpful during new baby time!

THE ORVINS said...

mmm the Pizza is so yummy, I love freezer meals too, they are so fun I can never wait to see what everyone did.

Amy said...

What a cool idea! Like always, I wish we lived closer so we could join you in your fun!

Michelle said...

Those look yummy! What a great idea too.