Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Should Start a DIY Craft Blog

The title is a joke. But I am pretty excited (that's the word all the craft bloggers use) about my latest project. It's magnets that have all the foods we eat color-coded by type of food. Mexican is blue, breakfast foods green, Italian pink, etc. I even have magnets for "Out to Eat" and freezer meals that I exchange with friends (which deserves it's own blog post). And pizza and hamburgers have multiple magnets since we eat those more than once a month.
Then I just take my magnets and line them up for the month. I used to write out the menu on this board. But then something would come up and the meals would switch around and I'd have to either erase or remember the changes. Now I just switch around the magnets. And the colors help me see when we ate that type of food last. Also, I have blank magnets so that when I find a new meal, I can write it in and not forget about it.

Ok, I'll admit it, I really am excited about this! It's not super pretty or crafty, but it has been SO useful!

2 comments:

Troy said...

i need to try that. i'm so terrible at planning ahead. this looks easy enough that it just might work for me. now to get motivation to make the magnets...can you buy pre-made food/menu magnets anywhere? =)

Troy said...

laura. btw.