I have so many more pictures to post it's ridiculous. I have about 10 of Trea (my niece) that I want to put on. But there are some other things first.
It is very difficult to adjust coming back from Thailand with the time change. Going there I had very little difficulty. I was a little tired by the end of the first day but had slept 8 hours on the plane (it was practically empty so I laid out across 3 seats). I had also taken all the advice I got before I left and worked out every day the week before, took an aspirin before getting on and took off my shoes during the flight. I have no idea what helped and what didn't but I know I was sleeping nights there within a day. Chris only slept about four hours on the plane so he was much more tired the first day but we both agree that coming back has been a nightmare.
We arrived Wednesday at 12:30pm and I IMed my boss to see if he needed me. Thank goodness he said no because Chris and I were both out cold by 4pm to about 7:30. At 4pm in Seattle, it was 2am in Bangkok. We shouldn't have slept as long as we did but oh well. Thursday morning Chris woke up at 4am and I don't know if he woke me up or I just woke up on my own. There was no going back to sleep after that though. So I went in to work about 7:30am and ended up staying until 7:30pm. Then Friday I woke up at 5am, in to work at 7am and did not leave until 9pm. It's end of quarter and a million things are going on. So they were a long two days but went very quickly. Then Saturday morning I woke up at 4:30am. I was really hoping to get some sleep that night because I had the GMAT (Graduate in Management Admissions Test - test you take to apply for a MBA program) from 8-12. Do you want to know my score?
First you have to know a little background. I'd been thinking about going back to school for awhile and just couldn't get myself to spend the $250 on the test. Finally I decided to just take it. I took a practice test about 6 weeks ago and scored a 610. Then studied for awhile and took another practice exam the day before we left for Thailand and got a 610. Then I took my book to Thailand, studied on the plane rides, by the pool, at night, whenever I found the time. I took the test this morning and got - a 610. !!!!!!!!! I guess I was destined for that score. It is out of 800 and a 610 is the 73rd percentile. It will get me into most of the graduate schools I am interested in. Since my goal is not to become a CEO by the time I'm 30, a top ranked business school isn't appealing to me even if I had gotten a 750. I'm not interested in the competitive atmosphere anymore that permeated BYU. I only want to learn in a relaxed environment and preferably, a smaller class. So we'll see where Chris ends up and if I can make any kind of deadline or talk my way into a program for the fall. If not, then maybe next year.
Now Chris leaves tomorrow to go to Utah early and I follow on Tuesday night. Work will probably be just as crazy Monday and Tuesday so hopefully I will post more pictures tomorrow.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment