I'll post pictures soon but wanted to give a short post on our trip. It was amazing, fun, relaxing, and we loved it. Seeing Kristen, John and Chantrea and going to the beach were the highlights. Even if the new baby came a day after we left. Trea is adorable. I taught her colors in Spanish and she picked them up in one night! It was awesome. Then I started teaching her other words like pointing to John and saying Papa, Kristen - Mama, Chris - chico, etc. with Trea repeating everything back to me. Then Chris points to me and says "Loca" and Trea responds "Mai Chai!" which means "No! That's wrong!" in Thai. I wish I had caught it on video.
At the beach we saw lots and lots of monkeys, some even climbed on our sea kayak with us, rode an elephant, saw a giant lizard, lots of geckos, and went snorkeling in water filled with coral and fish. I'd never been snorkeling and I LOVED it. Sea Kayaking through mangroves is definitely up there on the list too.
We flew from Seattle to Taipei and found massage chairs in the airport that are free! After a 14 hour flight, it was wonderful. We also got lots of massages in Thailand. Lots and lots of massages. There are less than $10 each. From Taipei to Bangkok is 4 hours. Going home though the flights "only" took 3.5 and 11 hours because of the trade winds. That was a welcome surprise.
There's so much about the trip that I will probably write more than one more post about it. It's nice to be home though.
8 years ago
5 comments:
Girl--
You totally suck!!! Just kidding-- I am just very jealous-- I know I can't complain-- I just got back from Central America-- but I want to travel for a month.... Hope to see you in Utah soon---
Rachel & fam
Sounds like you guys had a blast...Corey and I are jealous! You will have to bring some pictures when you head down this way before your trip to Spain! Looking forward to seeing you guys.
hHat a fun trip! Yeah Adia sure took her sweet time. You'll have to remind her when she's older that she chose to arrive as soon as you left. Hahaha
Sounds like you had a wonderful time...look forward to hearing mroe about it!!
It sounds incredible!! The only way to top this would be to fly to Spain soon. Wait...you're doing that.
I can't wait to hear more and see pictures.
P.S. If you loved snorkeling, you'll be addicted to scuba!! We HAVE to get you certified!
So you DID come to Taipei! Everything sounds so fun. We've had a blast with the snorkeling here in Taiwan too, but now I'm getting too big to fit in the wetsuit...
Post a Comment