Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Revenue and Prayers

The other night Chris, the great, wonderful husband that he is, gave me a massage about 9:30pm. I promptly fell asleep afterwards which is why I never lay on our bed before 10pm. About 10:45pm Chris comes in and kneels by me. I'm awake 'enough' to sense he's there and that he's ready to say prayers for the night. So I kneeled down and since I knew it was my turn, started to pray. I felt him look up at me at one point during my prayer and realized I had been muttering really bad. So I started to pronunciate better. When I finished my prayer I kissed him and immediately rolled over because I could tell he was laughing at me and I didn't want to bother with it right then.
The next morning the alarm clock goes off and Chris rolls over, "Do you remember what you said in your prayer Erin?" Then he just starts dying laughing. He finally says that I apparently prayed "that the business would be profitable", "that we would have positive net income", "that we could know where to spend our money so that the business would increase revenue" and many other things that he can't remember. He has said multiple times since that he wishes he had a tape recorder or had written it down. I must have been dreaming about my job, which unfortunately, is not uncommon. I'll be more careful about praying when I'm half asleep though.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

This actually made me laugh out loud. Wait until you have kids and you are doing more than praying in your sleep...it gets scary. Love you!

suprbacana said...

HA HA HA!!! My husband has done this. It is SO incredibly funny. I think he blessed some customers, and drop shipping, and various other transactions. I had to totally contain myself. :-)

I had an awesome roommate my freshman year who was bilingual...she would talk TO ME in her sleep in spanish. It was so hilarious. One time though, I was doing homework late and she was asleep and all of a sudden she sits up and says "CRICKETS GO SIDEWAYS!!" I kinda looked at her like "huh??" and she says "DON'T THEY?!?!?! UGH I CAN'T EXPECT YOU TO UNDERSTAND." Then she plants her face back in the pillow, totally asleep. About 15 minutes later, she (awake now, I could tell) kinda sits up and rubs her eyes and said, "Did I say something weird to you a little while ago....something about.....bugs?" I about died laughing. Sleep talking is the BEST. hahahahaha

Brandon & Rachel Doyle said...

LOL -- The other night the same thing happened to me - Brandon gave me a back rub and as I am falling asleep I told him to put the paint can/brush in the oven. Brandon laughed and I stuttered I meant the fridge, I mean the freezer. Which I really did mean the freezer -- but can you imagine if he had put it in the oven like I asked -- I wonder if paint is combustible.