We heard the heartbeat again. Everything seems to be just fine; we'll know more in the middle of December. We can have our ultrasound any day after Dec. 13 but we haven't scheduled it yet.
Besides that, school is going okay. It will be over for this semester in less than a month. I've got papers and projects coming due and when those are out of the way, things will be much calmer around here. I'm glad I went back but it's been very interesting.
Beth tagged me to post 7 random or weird facts about myself and I've been thinking about it for a few days trying to think of the best ones. I even consulted Chris about it but he (wisely) said he didn't know anything random or weird about me. :)
So here goes:
1) I decided on my degree because it had the potential of making a lot of money fast. I was working for headhunters and searching through resumes. Finance majors seemed to make good money within two or three years of graduating instead of having to wait 10-15 years. Since I thought I would have a lot more in student loans and wanted to stay home with my kids, I thought this would work out the best since I could pay them off myself faster. Fortunately, I also ended up liking the field of study.
2) An elder (boy missionary) on my mission nicknamed me Ice because I wouldn't talk to any of the elders. I tried to be friendly when I first got there and too many people thought I was just a flirt so I quit talking to all the elders. I didn't think I was that bad but he told me one time I just sat by myself reading while the other sister missionaries and elders in my district chatted. At least I wasn't being accused of flirting.
3) I have been skydiving twice and said after both times that I will never, ever do that again.
4) I'm not scared of spiders. I just don't like feeling their insides squish together when I kill them with a kleenex (and their tiny scream). I have no problem taking care of them if I can't hear or feel their murder. Usually this involves three or four paper towels.
5) Chris' family grew up with horses, snowmobiles, bikes, and cars - yet very, very few accidents (where someone was seriously injured) ever occurred. I told Chris that our kids better get his genes for that kind of stuff because if they come from my family, a child will be in the hospital every year with a major concussion or severe lacerations. We had broken bones, stitches, and concussions all over the place in my family without having horses or snowmobiles.
6) I get motion sickness in the car but only when Chris or my dad is driving - and they having VERY different driving techniques.
7) We just got a king size bed. We did this because I like to sleep curled up in a fetal position (which always leads to my knees in Chris' back pushing him off the bed) or at a right angle with my legs and torso. If I touch Chris while he's sleeping he wakes up. It is the best investment we've made since we got married and we've only had it two nights!
8 years ago
3 comments:
Yes-- you will love your king size bed especially now that you are preggie. You will need to buy lots of pillows too --
Those are good random notes about you! Thanks for joining in the fun. I love it when you have a new post.
Glad to hear that school is going alright and the pregnancy is fine.
If you are up in Salt Lake at all during the holidays, we'd love to get together.
A king size bed- my dream purchase. Someday when we have a real house, we will have a King size bed! Two people sleeping on the diagonal doesn't work well even with a queen.
Post a Comment