Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Due Date

Right now, I am due May 13. However, the Gappmayer family has this weird thing about sharing dates. Babies are always born on someone else's birthday or anniversary no matter their due date. Three out of the last four babies have done this and it has happened previously. Here are some examples:
Jan. 26: Chris' brother's birthday; His sister Erin just had her baby three days ago Congratulations Erin! (due Feb. 1)
Jan 29: Chris' parent's anniversary; A niece was born five(?) years ago
Mar 12: Chris' birthday; Another niece (from the same family as above) was born last year (due Mar. 16 I believe?)
April 18: Chris' sister-in-law and nephew share this birthday
Oct. 16: Chris' sister's birthday; A niece was born last year (due in November)

So my due dates are now the dates in May that are already used by someone else in the Gappmayer family:
May 6: Chris' Mom's birthday
May 14: His brother's anniversary
May 24: His brother-in-law's birthday
May 27: Another brother-in-law's birthday (it better NOT come this late!!!)

Unfortunately, my midwife does think it will come late as most first babies do and because my mom was late with her's. I knew my mom had been late with all of the kids except for me (I was one day early) but I didn't know the specifics until a few weeks ago when I asked. Apparently my poor mom was two weeks late with three kids and three weeks late with the last one. She was induced three times.
I do not plan on being pregnant for 43 weeks, but my midwife said she really didn't want to induce until 41 weeks unless there are problems. And then only if the baby was under stress. We'll see what happens.

Here are some pregnant pictures:
This is 17 weeks. This is 23 weeks. I am now 25 weeks and was finally asked by a complete stranger (at the dog park in Vegas on Saturday) when I was due. I had no idea it took so long for your body to actually look pregnant.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Midwife? Really?

beth said...

You look adorable. I'm so happy for you!

Nat Lud said...

You look adorable. I think prego bellies are awesome! You're using Lori aren't ya? She's awesome. I have two sister-in-laws use her.

Kimberly said...

Be grateful...it takes much less time to look pregnant for subsequent pregnancies. You are one hot pregnant chick!

I would look into buying some pitocin off the street. I always start wondering where I can get some at about 37 1/2 weeks.

Anna said...

You look great Erin! You never know, I came early with Braden, but my mom did have all of us early, so my doctor wasn't surprised. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that he comes just after graduation!

Ariana said...

You look great! It is a weird feeling when some random person asks you when you are due. Haha

I think it's awesome you have a midwife -- That's what we had. She was in a big OB practice with like 6 other midwives and about 8 OB-GYNs. I enjoyed the more relaxed attitudes. Midwives are great!

Erin S. said...

you look great erin!! you will be amazed in 12 weeks when you look back at these photos and realize that you could actually see your own feet once upon a time. i sent some clothes with my mom for her to send with kurt for you...hopefully they made it but really, who knows. hope you are feeling well!!

Rachel Doyle said...

Your lookin cute you sexy mama!!! Ah the next time you won't be so lucky -- You pop out faster with subsequent babies... I hope you don't go to 41 weeks -- I was glad when Brynna came at 36 weeks -- I could have gone to 38 but hey-- I got lucky!!