My brother Bryce and his wife Cathi came to visit us over President's Day weekend. I had to go to Vegas for the day on Saturday and Chris went snowmobiling with his family up north so they went and saw Cathi's grandparents who live in St. George. I was glad they could come down and have something to do while Chris and I were both gone. On Monday we all went to Bryce Canyon snowshoeing. This is Chris and me on the left - you can see that my snowpants don't zip up anymore. :) It was a gorgeous day and by the end we had all shed mo
st of the winter clothing we were wearing. This is Cathi and me on the right. We came down this canyon in the beginning and so of course, had to go up it in the end. I was so TIRED by then we had to stop every 50 feet. But I made it back up! We only lost 585 feet but it was all at once and so going back up was steep. The views are so incredible and it was really cool to see the red rock, green pine trees, and white snow. It was especially fun with snowshoes since we got to go off the trail and explore. The best part was sliding down the hills on your snowshoes or pants. No sleds required. Chris and I are already trying to figure out a day to go back and just slide down the hills all day. Chris and Bryce had fun going up the hills and coming down ones like this last
picture. Bryce had just slid down it, you can see his trail and Chris was about to. Getting up there was the interesting part though. At one spot Bryce sank up to his chest in the snow. I would have loved to follow but thought I had better conserve my energy for the rest of the trip. With how beat I was at the end, I'm glad I did. Snowshoeing is definitely my favorite winter "sport".By the way, Chris says the baby needs a name and since we aren't deciding until he is born, Chris has been calling him Buster Douglas. I don't know why Chris named him after the boxer but until we have a more permanent name, it's Baby Buster Douglas.
3 comments:
You continue to impress me! Those are beautiful pictures and I'm proud of you for going with a baby inside you!
YaY! I have been waiting for new post! You are quite the trooper going show shoeing for that long. Your baby is going to love the outdoors! Hope you're doing good! We miss you guys!
Looks like tons of fun -- you be careful -- Can't wait to see Buster Douglas!!
Post a Comment