I have been going to a special flyball dog training class that goes for eight weeks. It's in Vegas so we've been going down there A LOT. I've been doing some Craigslist shopping while we're down there.This is the Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium Swing that came highly recommended by a number of family members. Retail $100, Craigslist $40

This Pack-N-Play has some problems with the music, but the vibrator in the bassinet works great. I figure I can just turn on the radio. Retail: $150 Craigslist: $55
The same lady with the bassinet had these things she just wanted to get rid of. She gave them to me for free (!) which was very nice of her. I'm not sure I'll use all of them but we'll see. Did any of you use a Brest Friend's Pillow instead of a boppy for nursing? Have any of you tried both and prefer one or the other? I'm considering buying a boppy too...The last purchase from Craigslist Vegas is a Medela Pump In Style Breastpump. It was given to the couple as a gift three years ago and they never used it. The motor works great and most things are still in their packaging. They've just had it in their garage and were finally clearing things out. I love it when people clean out their garages :) Retail is somewhere between $200-300; Craigslist: $25 Even if something goes wrong with it, I won't feel I've lost much. Most of the Medela's selling on Craiglist are selling for anywhere from $75 - $150.

This last buy, a Rainforest Swing, came from St. George's Craiglist. Chris went to go look at it for me (he's working in St. George full-time now by the way). The lady was asking $25 but I told him to offer her $20 for it. I had school that night so I called him when I could and he said he got it - for $25. He wouldn't bargain with her over $5. She was also recently divorced so I probably wouldn't have either. The funny thing was, one of the toys was broken! Chris was able to fix it but he's not one you want to send to the bargaining table. When we buy a car, I am never sending him alone. Retail - $50 Chris' price - $25
9 comments:
My mom has that aquarium swing at her house for the grandbabies. Everyone loves it. Looks like you got a lot of great deals and are staying busy.
When I need things, I'll totally have you do the bargaining for me! :)
wow, you totally scored! I am gonna have to do more Craigslisting!
ok - you are such a total commercial for Craigslist.... every time I get on here you're showing off your hord!
We're waiting to hear from you guys! Chop - Chop! ;)
ok so you should be glad the music on the pack n play is broken. we have music on our baby swing and it drives me nuts and baby doesn't even like it! to me that makes the pack n play even better now!
We had the same baby swing....loved it! That's the only way we could get any sleep at night. :) The one thing though-- it EATS batteries so make sure you have lots on hand.
Have the breast friend breast feeding pillow AND the boppy..dont use either. Just felt like it was too confining and the Breast friend wraps around your belly and I hate things around my belly..hence my very low jeans:) (the benefits of no garments;) However, you may LOVE the pillows, my sister never went anywhere without them..one in her car, and one at home:) Give it a go and see what you like..better to have them and not need them then need them and not have them!!!! Buy/register for a Bumbo seat..THEY are the best!!
I hated my boppy!! I thought is was an expensive pillow. I used mine 3 times. A regular pillow work just fine. Anyhow --a couple of other things that I thought were a waste of money were the wipe warmers and play mats. Anyhow -- glad you are getting some good deals -- babies can be expensive!!
Oh girl - the my "breast" friend is WAY better than the boppy. I bought a boppy first because they are popular and ended up buying the other and loving it. It's great because you can strap it around your waist before you pick the baby up. I had a hard time getting the boppy al situated, etc.
I think I used a best friends pillow once and I liked it a lot better than the boppy. Ty says your dogs are so cute!
Post a Comment