Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What We Do All Day

I rarely post about our day-to-day lives because they aren't that exciting. However, if you live far away from us I realize that you probably don't know what is going on. I have class every day at 4pm. On Mondays and Wednesdays I only have one class and finish at 5:20pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have night classes that go until 8:30pm. I'm also tutoring for finance and working on miscellaneous projects from a professor for my graduate assistantship. This pays my tuition and gives a small stipend at the beginning of the semester. I'm very, very excited to be done my master's this semester and still can't believe I went back to school. I enjoy working a lot more but this has been good with the pregnancy. I graduate May 3 but I'm not walking because I'm due the next week and I didn't want to pay the fee and then maybe not be able to walk. My mom comes May 12th to help with the baby (yeah!!!!) and stays until about the end of May when we will hopefully bless him up north at my in-laws.
Chris is working as an assistant planner down in St. George but goes to the Cedar City hospital once every other week for a meeting. It's a 45 minute commute to St. George but he says it's not too bad; at least it is not due to heavy traffic. He has to worry more about getting pulled over. His fellowship ends in June and we don't know anything about jobs yet. He could stay with this company or move anywhere in the US. We don't expect to hear anything until the time gets closer and he's not applying for other jobs right now because there is so much time left for his fellowship still.
That's about it. The dogs keep us busy both during the week and on the weekends. We can't wait for spring around here and wish we had a dog park in Cedar. We really like playing flyball and the team members are great people. Murphy will hopefully compete in her first tournament in June. Chris ran a dog for the first time last weekend and got start times of .002, .003, and .005 - which are amazing! It's an interesting sport and if you're ever interested in learning what all this means, let us know and you can come to a tournament with us :)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I like the insight into your lives. I didn't even know Chris was working in St. George until recently.

I heard there is a famous sledding hill in Cedar City that people drive from miles around to use. Have you been?

Nat Lud said...

I loved it! You should post all the time! i love reading about people. it's a great way to stay in touch. i miss seeing ya at the mailbox! lets do lunch sometime!

beth said...

You guys sound like you are staying busy and having fun. I keep thinking that I want a dog but I think he'd be too lonely while we were both at work all day.

The Ward Family said...

Thanks for the update. Congrats on getting your Masters . . that's awesome.