Sunday, March 29, 2009

North Carolina

I got to go to North Carolina from March 18-24. I used Sky Miles and I'm not sure I will EVER fly on Delta again. It's a long story but they make you check in at Vegas airport at least 45 minutes ahead of time and that is fine if you know that. However, I got there 43 minutes ahead of my flight and they wouldn't let me on. I would have checked in online but I had an infant and had to check baggage so I had to stand in line anyway and didn't worry about it. I got on a flight 3 hours later which was delayed because a different type of plane had arrived than they had expected and the seat assignments were all messed up. Max actually did pretty good considering it turned into a 15 hour day and he's usually only awake 8-9 hours in a day.
I stayed at my parent's house along with my brother, his wife, and their new baby. My brother lives down the street and a sister lives 40 minutes away so there were lots of cousins to play with. We hung out and played with the kids and to be honest, I slept A LOT. The plane ride wore me out but I'll get into that later. My mom was so nice to take Max for me and I realized how much Chris helps me out here at home. Even though it's only for a few hours at night and on the weekend, it makes a big difference from doing it by yourself all the time.
My mom took these cute pictures of Max. He was such a smiley kid while we were there - always talking to himself and laughing. He screamed some too but what kid doesn't?
The cousins that were around that day. Bryce's new baby is so cute. Only three weeks old. I can't believe my brother is a dad!
Max got to swing for the first time at a park. He loved it, as you can see.

He wrinkles his nose sometimes when he smiles and his dad and I think it's adorable.

My brother-in-law (you can see him in the background) and I had a little competition on the monkey bars. He couldn't touch the ground after swinging his feet over his head but he kept trying.
I even made it back over one time. I'm getting pretty weak though. I should probably start some strength training or maybe even work out once in awhile.
My sister-in-law sat Max down on this pole and he started licking it like it was a sucker. You'll probably think this is absolutely disgusting and just can't believe I would let my child do it but seven adults (me, my mom, dad, brother, sister, and both their spouses) were all laughing too hard. He didn't get any diseases and he was happy so oh well.
We had a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to see my brother's little baby. I don't know when I'll make it back out there again. The flight home was a little delayed and the flight from Atlanta to Vegas took 4 1/2 hours but we made it. Max had gotten a cold and cough from the flight to NC and was still stuffy on the way back. I was so glad to be back and I think Max was too. He was flapping his arms like crazy when he saw Chris. He touched his face and then reached over and touched mine like he wanted to make sure we were both there. He was pretty excited to see the dogs too. I just like having my own bed and him in his own bed. He does well away from home but I think anybody who travels likes to come home too.

6 comments:

kouklaville said...

ADOREABLE photos of Max!! He is such a cutie! As for you and those monkey bars, you better quit while you are ahead before you LAND on your head;)

Nat Lud said...

He is so cute! I am so glad ya got to go see family. You are a brave soul going alone!

beth said...

Sounds like a great time visiting family! Max is so cute and getting so big!

Em and Jer said...

Oh my gosh... max is so cute! Glad you had a nice trip.

beth said...

Ah... No wonder you slept so much!

The Ward Family said...

Sounds like the traveling was long! It always feels good to be back!