Monday, June 15, 2009

Catch-Up

We had the ultrasound today and even though I started to doubt my decision to not find out, we held strong and did NOT find out what the gender is. I can already tell that the last week before the baby is born I'm going to be very anxious. I actually have no maternal instincts on this either so even though most of the time we refer to the baby as "she", it's only to avoid saying "it". We chose "he" with Max until we knew so we just switched genders this time.

We moved into the house last Saturday. Moving out was a nightmare and a half, moving in was alright. It helped to have my in-laws here. They helped unpack and put together more than half my house. And we've said we're never going to go on vacation before we move ever again. Idaho was the best part of the whole month though and was way too short. I miss going up there. Who can't love looking out at this?
Max had a great time. He LOVES being outdoors which is a very good thing for us. I tried fly-fishing for the first time and it wasn't so bad. Maybe I'll try again another time, like when all the kids are gone. We went to Yellowstone and had a beautiful drive with lots of animals. We drove almost 2000 miles that week. We were sick of the car but the scenary was good.
I love my cousins and aunt and uncle up there so 4 days was definitely too short. Hopefully we'll be able to go back soon.
We came home, moved and cleaned our apartment for two days, and moved into a hotel Sunday night. We thought it would be for almost two weeks and were VERY happy when it was only until Friday.
Max spent the time crawling around on the floor under the sink and playing with Thatch. Thatch is very, very patient with that kid. More patient that I am most of the time. And Max got a few baths. You really don't want to know what his knees and feet looked like after crawling around on a hotel floor.
The house:


This is the yard on the left. With that amount of space, I always think POOL. But it won't happen. We'll figure out something else to do with it and let the dogs run it for now.

I'll show pictures of the inside when it is actually cleaned up and decorated.

10 comments:

Danielle said...

Good for you! It'll make the birth all that much more exciting. congrats on the house. Moving does suck. Our stuff is still in storage until the house we've got an offer on comes through.....

Em and Jer said...

Your house is absolutely beautiful!! I can't wait to see the interior pics. I am so glad you guys bought this place!

Brooke said...

I love Yellowstone, I'm glad you had a good time. And, I can't wait to see if you're having a boy or girl. How exciting and brave not to find out ahead of time.

Mark said...

I feel the same way about Idaho, I love being up there.

The house looks very nice and I can't wait to see the inside.

beth said...

Sounds like a fun and adventurous month! The house is really nice!!

Malissa said...

The house is Awesome! Glad you are all moved in.

Kimberly said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures of the inside...or better yet, to see it in person!

warrensweetsix said...

Love the new house. Can't wait to see the inside pics too. Its beautiful. Isn't it nice to have a place of your own to call "home". So happy for you all.

Erin S. said...

love the house! can't wait to see inside pics.

and don't lie. you totally think this baby is a girl. can't fool me by saying your calling it a she "just because"

girls are fun though. lots of attitude. but fun.

The Ward Family said...

Your house is beautiful! and you look great! I love your hair! Your very patient for not looking.