8 years ago
Sunday, May 17, 2009
I Can't Decide
I don't think I'm going to find out what I'm having this time around. I've heard it's fun to not know; I'm not having any baby showers; all my stuff works for a boy or a girl; and (hopefully) I can get boys and girls clothes from relatives or craigslist if it comes down to it. Any opinions on this? Any good reasons why I should or should not find out?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
I think it'd be fun to not know, but personally it would drive me crazy if I didn't already have a boy and a girl.
You can always have them write it in an envelope and decide later whether or not to look. (Although, I would have to mail it to someone across the country for safe keeping or it would drive me crazy.)
I would offer to keep it for you but I would be too tempted to peek. =)
We've decided not to find out. I think that if you aren't the type who is planning on painting the nursery and buying fancy bedding and all that, it would be more fun not to know. I also think that it might (might!) make labor a little more bearable-- something even more to look forward to, you know?
I think it would be really exciting but I'm not the type of person who can wait. I always want to know things as soon as possible!
you already know my opinion...but i'll share it again so it sinks in really well...if i didn't find out what i was having i would need to be medicated because of the anxiety that would cause me. seriously. but i am a "paint the nursery and buy fancy bedding" type of person.
people who don't find out must be either crazy or not prone to having anxiety attacks.
but whatever you do is cool with me!
You should find out because I will go nuts if you don't!
Your loving brother in law, John
You should keep it a secret, because it will drive my husband nuts if you do...John's loving wife, Rebekah.
p.s. It is just as fun both ways. Andrew was a secret, and yes, I did it on purpose. It drove John crazy, but I wanted it to be a surprise. I enjoyed knowing what the rest of them were in order to plan rooms and such. Some keep baby names a secret, others the sex of the baby. Nothing wrong with any of it. Except that it drives the rest of us crazy not to know. But, we will all survive.
As a mother of nine I had no option with 7 of them. The only ones I knew the gender was Erin (because Chris told me) and Aleksa. I enjoyed the surprise with the first few but I also loved knowing with the last two. I gave you no advice at all, did I?
Do what you want to do!
MOMG
I say find out -- because then we can have lots of fun shopping for both of our babies and creating a cute nursery in your new house --
Wow, if you can wait then go for it. But I definately could NOT! I am a planner and get the room ready kind of a Mom. Even when I had one girl and one boy, I still found out on the third because I needed to know who was going to be sharing a room and get it all ready! Ha. Let me know what you decide. :)
As you can see the majority of the comments say find out or we ALL will go Crazy!!!!
I double-dog-dare you! :)
That is hilarious because yesterday I was thinking about when I get pregnant again and thought. . . maybe I won't find out. It would be so fun!! You should do it! I bet it would be amazing!
I vote that you guys do whatever is fun for you! If it sounds exciting not to find out then go for it!
Basically it doesn't matter because you're having a boy. That's just a fact. Pretty much everyone we know who is on their second child is repeating the first (including us). So I hate the spoil the surprise, but keep those boy clothes nearby.
COME ON!! Until you have both a boy and a girl, you have to have GIRL clothes FOR the GIRL!! I just went thu this with BOTH of my sisters and BOTH now say that they should of just found out so they could wash clothes, set up a nursery and so PEOPLE LIKE ME and others CAN give you gifts OR a SHOWER IF IT IS A GIRL!!
Ok, I am done yelling:)
Love you and need to see a new belly shot:)
When are you due?
um.... I think you're crazy... but hey if you can make it 9 months more power to you! I can't imagine not knowing... but I'm a control freak so.. that about says it all :)
I want to know because I'm going on record as saying I think it will be a girl and I don't want to have to wait nine months to find out if I'm right.
I couldn't stand to wait that whole time without knowing. But ultimately it's your decision, of course. : )
Me? I welcome our new alien overlord of unknown gender.
We shall call it "Pat".
Post a Comment