I was sooooo excited to go down to St. George. It has been rainy and dreary and gray here forever (really only about a month). So I was really looking forward to spending a weekend in Utah, especially southern Utah. I hate to fly because I think it's boring and way too much work but was even okay with that if it meant I got to see some sun. We arrived Friday afternoon and it was okay outside; some clouds in the sky but not too cold. Saturday we went for a horseback ride behind Chris' house and I wore only a sweatshirt and was fine. Again, a few clouds but not like Seattle. It wasn't as sunny as I was hoping for but I'd take it. Then Sunday in Cedar City and St. George was just okay again, not too bright but not Seattle gray. Monday, however, was a miserable snow storm in Cedar City and rain in St. George. I couldn't belive it. The whole time I'd been looking forward to the sun and I go down to clouds and rain. At least earlier in the trip it wasn't as gray and overcast as where we live; which, by the way, was all sun when we arrived Tuesday morning. Saturday was reportedly a gorgeous day in the 60's.
Oh well. I still like Seattle. I'm just ready for it to start getting better or for me to get used to it like everyone around here claims they are.
Chris got to meet a few administrators of the Intermountain Hospitals down there but there is nothing available at the moment. They said there might be something coming up in a couple of months but he's started expanding his search to other geographical areas. For instance, he's applied to a job at Massachutes General Hospital (a 2400 bed hospital which is the same number of beds of all of Seattle's hospitals combined), a tiny hospital in North Carolina, a bigger healthcare system in North Carolina, Seattle hospitals, and numerous other places that he would rather not live but he wants a job more than he doesn't want to live there. He keeps asking me how picky I am about geography (he applied to one in Ohio last night) and I told him I'm not picky at all if the position is right. I don't think he believes me because he says places like Michigan (so cold!!) and I can't help but cringe my nose at the thought. I can't wait to retire somewhere in the south.
The good news it, it sounds like my job will let me stay for a little while even after I take a month off for vacations. This'll give Chris the time he needs to apply and my job the time it needs to find a replacement that I can train. It will definitely be interesting to see how it all works out. What are some scriptures about patience again?
8 years ago
1 comment:
You didn't tell us you applied at MGH! That would be crazy if you ended up here right as we left. I'm pulling for NC, though!
-Kimberly
Post a Comment