8 years ago
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Starbucks & Missionaries
A lady at my work thanked me for helping her with a project by giving me a $7 Starbucks giftcard. The only problem is, I don't drink coffee. In fact, Mormons are not to drink coffee at all. I almost gave it to my boss but Chris reminded me that they do sell hot chocolate so we decided to keep it. We went in on Saturday and got two nice cups of hot chocolate and a bagel. We sat in the coffee shop for about five minutes and then got in our car, still with our hot chocolate, and went on to the next errand of the day. We saw the missionaries from my church (the one that says to not drink coffee) and thought we'd give them a ride. They climb in and one says, "It smells like...Starbucks." The funny thing is, we had thought about that as we were pulling over and what to say. Chris said, "If they say anything, just say 'Don't judge me!'" So of course I did and they started saying how they weren't but we started laughing and it was fine. The whole thing was kind of funny and ironic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Erin! You might not remember but...I used to be Kristen's roomie at BYU when we lived in the Brentwood. I found your blog through her blog. That's cool that you are in the NW!! I love your joke list. We are in the Portland area.
Anyways, I love your starbucks story--I wish there were hot chocolate places somewhere. Starbucks does have good hot chocolate though! I like to get it with raspberry flavor in it. :-) But I feel like I need to wear a sign that says "IT'S COCOA NOT COFFEE--I'M MORMON, THANKS." hahaha
I love Starbucks hot chocolate. When we travel we always find either McD's or Starbucks for hot C.
It's fun to read what is happening in your's and Chris' lives.
MOM G.
Post a Comment