Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ew Ew Ew

One thing about the desert I have not gotten used to: our new friends that like to join us in the shower, and all the other wildlife.
This is the SECOND centipede I have found. The first one was in our shower early one morning; it was only about an inch long. This one was in the guest bathroom in the tub. Thank goodness it couldn't climb out. I ran a bunch a water and watched it slither back through the drain. It was so disgusting to watch. I guess this is what we get for living in 108 degree heat, in a 15 year old house with a septic tank, and in the middle of a bunch of horse pastures.

We also have cockroaches that we find dead in the middle of the floor randomly (I've only found about 5, but the last time I found cockroaches in my house was in Argentina). Then there are lizards, and, of course, the cottontails that drive the dogs mad as they run across the ground outside our house. I like the lizards and rabbits, it's the centipedes and cockroaches I could live without.

Here's another pictures of Max.

3 comments:

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

That is so disgusting. Good thing you posted pictures of cute Max so we won't have the nasty wormy picture in our head when we leave your blog.

Brooke said...

Max is getting so big. Keep posting pictures, I love to see that little guy! :) Good luck with all those heat loving insects, I can imagine they are awful!

Candice Warby said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the fun of the St. George area. :)