Sunday, July 6, 2008

Max Pictures and Dog Sitting

These are for my Mom.

We were trying to get a good picture of his smile but he wasn't in a very smiley mood and the flash was making the pictures really washed out. We'll get a better picture soon.

We're pet-sitting for a friend that had to make an emergency trip. He has two border collies and a duck tolling retriever. Every time I look at them I just sing, "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong."

Murphy likes the 9 year old border collie.
The dogs have all picked their spots around the house and hang out there. By the way, the tunnel in the above picture, the bar stools below, and the carpet underneath the dog cage were all craigslist purchases. I went only for the tunnel but the rest of the stuff was a good deal. We have one of the carpets in the back of our new (used) minivan. Yes, we bought a minivan with just one child. We take the dogs too many places and it was too cramped in my sedan.

The first weekend in April we watched a friend's black lab. When I came in the room, I found all the dogs sleeping and Chris asleep on the couch. We were supposed to be watching General Conference...

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Max keeps getting cuter. I don't know how you take care of him and all those dogs, but I know you love doing it.

Miss you!

sleep deprived said...

You could turn this dog-sitting thing into a career, you know.

Looks like fun!

beth said...

Look at all those dogs in the house! I can't even handle one puppy! Maybe if she was more trained...

Max is so cute!!

Rachel Doyle said...

Max is definitely cute -- I don't know how you are doing it with the dogs -- my one dog is more than I can handle and he is a good dog.

Nat Lud said...

Sounds like a dog resort is in your future! What a grea friend you are to dog-sit. I know those dogs are in great hands! HOpe all is well. Call me when you're in Cedar!

Erin S. said...

look how big he is getting. please head north so that i can snuggle him.

and you are one brave woman with all those dogs. i would be hiding in my room if there were that many dogs around...i am a little afraid.

Em and Jer said...

Finally some new pics of the little man... he is getting so cute and chubby! You guys need to post more baby pics since we live so far away and never get to see him.
Em

The Ward Family said...

Max is getting so big! He's so cute!