This is the latest Goodwill pile in my house. I hate clutter and am constantly throwing things out. But this pile is different. I gave myself a lot of time to fit back into my old clothes. But now Max is 8 months old and I am within a few pounds of my starting weight. Yet after lots of walks, thousands of sit-ups, and 8 months to let things get back to where they were, I still can't wear some of my clothes. Some seem to be too short and some just seem to make me look wide. So I've come to accept that my body has just changed forever unless I want to spend hours at the gym everyday (which I am way too lazy to do and am still not convinced that my ribs and hips are going to go back to where they were). And the skin that stretched out to accomodate a growing baby is just going to stretch out again with the next one. So I'm getting rid of the shirts that I keep trying on that still don't look right and I'm just going to go shopping. Ugh.
8 years ago
2 comments:
well just figure that those shirts are probably out of fashion (maybe) and need a new home anyways!:) Good for you! Less mess!
Amen, sista! I go into a state of denial after each child. I always hope I'll get back to 'normal'. However, my body never seems to comply to my wishes and is forever changed! But i guess it's worth it!
Post a Comment