Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Max's Stats: 3 Months Late

Here (for my benefit) are the stats from Max's 12 months appt:

Weight: 21.5 lbs 28%
Height: 30 inches 57%
Head Circumference: 19 inches 92%

In other news, my older sister had her baby yesterday. This means that after waiting for 3 sisters-in-law and one sister to all have their babies this year, I'm finally next in line. Between the two families, there are 6 of us having babies in 2009! It's still 3 months away for me but it's getting just a little closer.
Also, my sister had a girl. Everyone has had or is having the gender opposite their last child. It was also a little girl yesterday which makes 4 girl and 5 boy cousins on my side. So, I have to be having a girl, don't I? I have to even up the numbers, especially with another boy being born 3 weeks later. And I don't want to think about what trouble two boys that close in age will be. Max NEEDS a sister.
I almost broke down a few weeks ago and asked Chris to have his nurse practitioner do an ultrasound for us. He said he knew I couldn't make it which made me call him back and tell him to forget it 5 minutes later. I don't know if we would be able to tell the gender on their machine but it certainly does not help my temptation to have the option of trying.

Max took his first steps on July 23!! He's pretty wobbling if he gets excited, which is often, but he's getting it.

6 comments:

MOMG said...

Max is walking, Max is walking. That will be really fun to see. Hang in there, Erin, you know you love surprises.
Mom G.

Em and Jer said...

Oh I definitely think you are having a girl!!... OR a boy. :) Yay Max for walking!! Love you guys.. see you soon.

Erin S. said...

yay for walking...get ready for lots of falling and lots of bruises!!

oh and p.s. chris only said that to you cuz he knew it would strengthen your resolve to not find out the gender...husbands know our weaknesses!!!

natalie a said...

I still think you guys are plum crazy not to find out!!! Khloe is going to be blessed on the 30th (most likely) just a heads up :)

Rachel Doyle said...

LOL -- When I come back down -- I am going to take you over to the hospital and have my mom do an ultrasound :) Hannah started walking to this past week too-- Anyhow --I went to Celeste's baby's blessing yesterday -- she has a little boy named Mason -- it was good to see her - she asked about you-- when you are up here -- we all need to get together.. Anyhow keep the course -- 13 weeks aren't so far off --

kouklaville said...

at this point you gotta wait..it is against my religion NOT to find out, but at this point it is against my religion to FIND out! You have to wait, no peeking till chris-tmas:) (haha, thought that was kinda funny cuz its Chris's name)
Yea for walking!!! And I agree with Em, get a box of band-aids ready cuz here come the oowwwies!