Max has started grinding his teeth. Any suggestions? (It's like nails on a chalkboard!)
The no-pacifier is going well. He still cries when you put him down but usually not for more than 60 seconds. He cried for a few minutes (up to 10 or 15 minutes) the first few days we took it away. Day 4 was harder than any other day. I've tried to give it to him during the day when he's just being loud and he throws it back at me so I think we're done with it. I'm glad we did it now when he wasn't very attached. He had one nightmare since taking it away and it took me 20 minutes to get him back down instead of the usual 5 seconds to give him the binky, but that was okay too.
8 years ago
9 comments:
Glad to hear it went well with the binky. Jocelynn would grind her teeth too but just stopped one day.
Hi so fun to see you last weekend or 2 weekends ago, life has been crazy! Ava did the same thing with grinding her teeth and it would drive me crazy, but she also stopped and she hasn't done it since. Kids are so funny!!!
like the moms above, eva also did that. it drove me crazy! but i think every kid does it and eventually stops. just part of getting used to their teeth. troy assured me that it's only a problem if it carries on by the time they get their permanent teeth.
I wish I had any ideas for you -- but Max's pictures are sure cute -- How are you feeling? I'll be back down in about 2-3 weeks --maybe we can come visit?
yikes! sorry no idea,but just wanted to check in with my cute pregnant friend... I hope you're doing good!
yikes! sorry no idea,but just wanted to check in with my cute pregnant friend... I hope you're doing good!
I'll be graduating from dental school in 9 months, so I think I can speak with some authority...almost every child grinds their teeth, especially in the first couple of years that they're getting their primary teeth. It's not from stress or any of the other reasons that many adults grind/clench; it's just more of a novelty and a habit that they develop. A lot of kids can wear their teeth down pretty far, but rarely does it cause any pain and has virtually no effect on the development of the permanent teeth. So aside from the awful sound, there's nothing to worry about.
Like Laura said, it's not a problem. Most kids grind their teeth to some degree, but it's usually just a temporary thing and more of a novelty than anything else (especially when they're just getting teeth). It pretty much never causes any pain, so there's nothing to worry about, except for that awful sound!
I left that second comment because I didn't think my first one went through. Sorry for the repetition!
Post a Comment