Thursday, September 17, 2009

What do you do on your birthday?

I bake, especially when it's on Sunday and we don't go out anyway. We had plans to go out Saturday night but something came up and we didn't make it. We'll try to go out before this baby comes but I really hate paying a babysitter and would rather just take Max with us.
We had some friends over and I tried some recipes I've been eyeing for awhile. I made a lemon meringue pie and a raspberry pie and a "chocolate velvet dessert". The lemon meringue didn't have time to set up and I accidentally added one more egg yolk so it wasn't very good. It was very pretty though! The chocolate velvet dessert had every sugar I had in the pantry in it and a pint of heavy whipping cream. It was rich. I didn't like it but other people seemed to and Chris did. The raspberry pie was deluxe though. Even if two of them didn't turn into favorite desserts, they definitely looked delicious.

2 comments:

beth said...

Those desserts look REALLY good to me!!
Glad you had a good birthday!

beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.