Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Pictures of Sydney

We came home from the hospital Thursday night. By Thursday morning at 10am I was bored and wanted to leave. Sydney was barely 7 hours old at that point though and they have to wait 12 hours to give her the jaundice test. We left at 6pm and it was great to be in the hospital a total of 20 hours from start to finish. With Max, I had just barely had him at that hour. Sydney didn't have any problems except a little fluid in the lungs, which they said would go away in a day, and a very low risk of jaundice, which they just said to watch.
When I asked my doctor if it was okay if we left that night, he said he would leave as soon as possible if it were him because of the swine flu. Multiple people have said to just go home and stay there. It's going to be hard to not just stay home but I'd rather do that than risk her getting sick.
Here she is in the hospital:
At home in her swing:
Her eyelids are pretty swollen from the eye stuff they put on.
Asleep on dad:


She slept the 8 hours Thursday night which didn't surprise me since she was still so new. Last night she woke up every four hours and tonight I have a feeling it's going to be a very different story. Chris's parents were here for Thursday until early this morning (Saturday) and that was a huge help with Max and housework. It was such a relief to be in the hospital and not worry about burdening someone with Max (who has a TERRIBLE cold right now and I didn't want going to a neighbor's house). Since they left Max has had more of a chance to notice that something else is taking his parents' attention and he's really not sure what to think. He's doing okay though and will hopefully have no problem.
It looks like he loves her in this picture but I think he just likes the swing...

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you and Chris! Glad everything went so smoothly!

Rebecca said...

So cute, She looks just like her mother! Wow. Katy gave me that same outfit for Aubrey. I loved it. You have good taste :) Congrats.

Em and Jer said...

Ohhhh! I just love her! Max loves her too... he just doesn't know it yet. :)

Anna said...

Congrats Christ and Erin! Sydney is beautiful! I am so glad that everything went well!

kouklaville said...

I am still so THRILLED that she is here and you got a daughter:):) Yea for pink!!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family. I hope she keeps sleeping for you. :)

warrensweetsix said...

Erin, she is beautiful!! She has some lips too! :) What a cutie. I enjoyed reading about your birth. Hope everything is going well for you. One of each- thats great!

natalie a said...

congrats you two - I'll have to start on a quilt for her!!! let me know if you want it certain colors :) happy day!!!!

Frederick Family BlogSpot said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!