Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I had the most wonderful Mother's Day. Last year Max was only a week old and Chris fixed me and my mom a wonderful pork roast. It was delicious but I really didn't feel like a mother yet. This year was different. I understood more how interesting (hard, exhausting, frustrating) it is to be a mother sometimes and appreciated a day dedicated to me (and my mom). Chris asked what the budget was and with everything we have going on in our lives right now I told him a single flower of his choosing and making me dinner.
The day started fairly early with Max waking up and Chris got up with him despite us going to bed at 1am last night. We are in bed by 10:30 almost every night but got caught up in Crimson Tide on TV (good movie!) and went to bed late! Chris let me sleep in and made me breakfast when I got up. Bacon and french toast. Then put together everything for a pot roast which made the house smell good all day. I should have taken a picture of the food. It's so nice not to fix yourself food, especially when you're pregnant. He also gave me three beautiful roses

and a Reese's king size candy bar from Max. He knows I don't believe in spending $3-4 on a card I will not know what to do with so I'm glad he bought the bacon instead! It was just so nice to be taken care of all day. Chris took Max during church and I actually got to listen to the lesson in my class. We went to a park later in the day and I loved being outside sitting on grass with the dogs and my family.
I can't wait for this little one to come. As hard a motherhood is, it is a beautiful thing and my hat goes off to my mom and my mother-in-law who both worked so hard at being good moms.

2 comments:

kouklaville said...

Girl, that is a beautiful day indeed. HOW special and priceless that Chris pampered you all day and you felt so taken care of all day!! THAT alone is the BEST money can buy..actually cant buy having some one nurture you:) Happy and Loving thoughts to you!

beth said...

Sounds like a great day! I also go french toast! YUM!