Sunday, May 10, 2009

Max's 1st Birthday

Max had his first birthday last Thursday. Chris was busy with church stuff so we had cupcakes Friday night with some friends. Max did not know what to think of us singing to him.
He figured out what to do with the cupcake pretty quick though.

He kept looking at his hands and then figured out to lick/eat off of them.

I hate carpet in a dining area and can't wait to have an eat-in area and bathrooms that aren't carpeted. A family picture from that day. Max is just about to open his present from Chris' parents. We still haven't gotten him anything yet. We'll probably wait until we move to the new house - one less thing to move. I'll post about the house later too.

A few facts about Max:
He finally started crawling a week and a half before his birthday.
He heads for the dogs' water every time if I don't put it away.
He LOVES to laugh.
He doesn't love the car but does okay. He likes facing forward a lot better though. It's always a gamble of how much he's going to yell that trip. I get a lot of headaches :)
He still sleeps about 16 hours a day (give or take) and I still love it.
He loves the dogs and they tolerate him (for the most part).
He has four teeth on top and four on bottom. Some of his molars have come into the gums but haven't broken through yet.
He won't touch baby food anymore and only wants what you're eating.
"You are your baby's favorite toy" is very true with him.
He loves to play with balls and tries to roll them back to you.
He loves to be outside.
He has no idea how his life is going to change come October 27.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute Fun girl! Looks like you are enjoying that nice weather in st george. I hope you get a girl too! Congrats! 2 is still busy. I have to warn you though there are just too many cute dresses out there, and you can't (or won't be able to) pick just one :) It goes fast hu? I remember when Kassidee turned 1 and now she is 3!

beth said...

What a fun little celebration! Time just goes so fast!

Kay said...

All the pictures are great! I bet you're having fun now that's he's started crawling. And you're assuming that life will change by or on October 27, but you're assuming your baby comes on TIME. :)